Toddler Time Tuesday – Mixing Colors Myself


colormixing You don’t have to be a big kid to begin experimenting with color mixing. Here is a simple, fun activity to help your toddler explore how colors combine to create new ones while encouraging them to explore with their senses.





April 2013 413



I started off by painting my toddlers one hand in blue washable paint. She loved the feeling as I brushed it on her hand. The other hand I painted yellow. 




April 2013 424



Next I let my toddler do what comes natural – squish her hands together. 




April 2013 396



Tinker bell was so surprised when she ended up with green paint! (I think she was almost worried!)



April 2013 400



She finally decided it was okay to have mostly green hands and began making her masterpiece on the piece of white paper I laid down for her. 




April 2013 404

My 29 month old loved this simple toddler activity that allowed her to explore and learn in a way that was fun, playful and meaningful to her. If your toddler is ready for more exploration wash off her hands and try mixing red and yellow to get orange or blue and red to get purple.




 



Additional Resources:


mouse paint image













How will you expand your toddlers world today through play?










<
Unknown
Unknown

Beth Gorden is a homeschooling mother of six who strives to enjoy every moment with her kids through hands-on learning, crafts, new experiences, and lots of playing together. Beth is also the creator and author of 123 Homeschool 4 Me where she shares 1000+ free printables, creative homeschool lessons, crafts, and other fun ideas to help preschool and homeschooling families have fun while learning and exploring together.