Shape Craft for Toddlers


Shape Craft for Toddlers


Today’s Toddler Activity was to play, explore, and learn about shapes!

Toddler Activities










Welcome to Toddler Time Tuesday where I share ideas to help you explore, laugh, play, learn, and create memories with your curious toddler! 





So whether you are a homeschooling family with many kids or a new mom with one – join us in setting aside time to expand your toddlers world through play.









Toddler My Shapes Placemat



Toddler My Shapes Placemat  Toddler My Shapes Placemat


I cut our various common shapes in different size and colors. I introduced the shapes to Tinker Bell (30 months). Then I would ask her to find the circle and she would pick one to show to me. This was a fun way to reinforce shapes.

Toddler My Shapes Placemat I laded a laminating pouch open and my toddler used glue (her fav!) to paste the shapes on the sheet. Then I gave her some glitter to sprinkle on the shapes. (another favorite!)

Toddler My Shapes Placemat Then we close the laminating pouch and fed it through our favorite laminator. (I can’t believe the abuse it has taken!)


Toddler My Shapes Placemat   Toddler My Shapes Placemat


Tinker bell examined her shape craft and marveled at how the glitter was stuck. Then she started giggling and giggling. It was a hit!

Toddler My Shapes Placemat

Her piece of at would look pretty hung on our sliding glass door, but she didn’t want to part from it. So we used it as a placemat for our pretend picnic.  She loved pointing at the shapes and telling me what they were and that the “glitter stuck”

Toddler kids activity to learn about shapes

To reinforce our Shape toddler activity we did our shape puzzle.

Toddler kids activity to learn about shapes We practice some early math skills with one of our favorite toddler preschool toys – Melissa and Doug Geometric Shape Stacker.



Toddler Shape Books


We couldn't forget about story time! Reading to your toddler frequently is very important!  Here are some fun shape books!






How will you expand your toddlers world today through play?






More Toddler Activities























<
Unknown
Unknown

Beth Gorden is a homeschooling mother of six who strives to enjoy every moment with her kids through hands-on learning, crafts, new experiences, and lots of playing together. Beth is also the creator and author of 123 Homeschool 4 Me where she shares 1000+ free printables, creative homeschool lessons, crafts, and other fun ideas to help preschool and homeschooling families have fun while learning and exploring together.