Play, Learn, and Build Memories with LEGO® Friends







In our house LEGO® were always more of a Daddy / Son thing. I was always hoping my daughter would want to build them, but up until recently my daughter wasn’t that interested in LEGO®. Enter LEGO® Friends.

Lego




LEGO® Friends are FUN to Build!


Ever since LEGO® Friends sets begin filling shelves in 2012 my daughter has shown a huge interest. There are a wide variety of sets to choose from that not only allow kids to build things that they are interested in, but also to expand their horizons too. There are small sets for under $4, perfect for birthday presents, and those around $25-$40 perfect for birthday presents. We’ve already been amassing a small city of our Lego Friends at our house.LEGO® Friends make a great present for girls in 6-12 years old

My daughter, age 6, was super excited to get to build a new LEGO® Friends set together.


Building Memories & Learning with LEGO® Friends


Build Memories while  making LEGO® Friends sets with your kids I’ve always been amazed at how much kids can learn by building with LEGO®.  Kids not only learn to follow directions, look for details, and refine essential fine motor skills, but it is a lot of fun to build with your kids. Plus my daughter is always so proud of the fact that she build it herself.




My daughter specifically has struggled with fine motor skills. She never really enjoyed coloring and as such never refined those skills in preschool. So when she started Kindergarten shouldn’t make anywhere close to her letters. It was a struggle to refine those skills; my daughter didn’t much care for the repetition either! But then I realized that after we worked on building with LEGO®  her control of the pencil and it’s movement was getting better. I really believe building with LEGOS® helped my daughter improve her writing skills.



Plus let’s face it, some days we are busy. Okay, lots of days are busy. Having a fun, concrete activity my daughter and I can do together is a great bonding experience. We create memories, work together, and are having fun.


Playing and Expressing Creativity with LEGO® Friends


Create a world of your own with LEGO® Friends

Building is always lots of fun, but I think my favorite part is playing with our creations. I love watching my daughters play based on her experience with the world around her.  We used extra LEGO® to expand our play by making new and exciting things for our news reporter to report on.  I love how creative kids are!

Play with LEGO® Friends We built set 41056 Heartlake News Van. I was amazed at all the creative details put into the set. I especially love how easily the side and back of the truck swing open to allow for lots of play.








 



What is your daughter’s favorite LEGO® Friends set?


I am always looking for great sets to add to our collection. Take a moment and leave me a comment with your daughter’s favorite set in the comments!



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
<
Unknown
Unknown

Beth Gorden is a homeschooling mother of six who strives to enjoy every moment with her kids through hands-on learning, crafts, new experiences, and lots of playing together. Beth is also the creator and author of 123 Homeschool 4 Me where she shares 1000+ free printables, creative homeschool lessons, crafts, and other fun ideas to help preschool and homeschooling families have fun while learning and exploring together.