Help an Upset Child Calm Down

Here are some fantastic sensory ideas for helping children who are angry calm down.

Parenting - Great tips and practical solutions to help help an angry child calm down






We’ve all told our kids to calm down.





But have we ever told them how?





I know as a child I got frustrated (didn’t we all) and my parents told me to calm down or chill out. And if I didn’t I was punished. But I was never taught how to calm down. I think that is a maturity thing to be able to understand what we need to “calm down”





As adults we probably take some time to our self, talk it out, do something different, eat a snack, or similar. So what have you done to help teach kids (who are sill immature) what do when they get angry or frustrated?





Lemon Lime Adventures has shared 10 Angry Child Sensory Hacks.  These would be a great way for preschool and elementary age kids to “work off” that frustrating in a sensory approach. Great list!

How do you help your child deal with anger or frustration?




<
Unknown
Unknown

Beth Gorden is a homeschooling mother of six who strives to enjoy every moment with her kids through hands-on learning, crafts, new experiences, and lots of playing together. Beth is also the creator and author of 123 Homeschool 4 Me where she shares 1000+ free printables, creative homeschool lessons, crafts, and other fun ideas to help preschool and homeschooling families have fun while learning and exploring together.