Homeschool Curriculum K, 3rd grade, 5th grade

I love taking a peak at other people's homeschool curriculum choices! So... here is what we are going to be studying this upcoming year in Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and 5th grade as well as the things we are tweaking in our homeschool this year.


Homeschool Curriculum for Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and 5th grade - so many great ideas from a homeschooling mom where it only takes 3-4 hours a day, 4 days a week.



Have you picked out your homeschool curriculum yet?  I love the start of a new year - getting everything organized and starting fresh!







Since I know I am always interested in what curriculum everyone is using, here is our Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and fifth grade curriculum choices for the upcoming year.







You can also take a peak at our past homeschool curriculum choices.







Homeschool Curriculum 



I started off printing off my lesson plans, our field trip log, extra curricular log, and the kids checklists. [get these homeschool forms FREE]. The kids will “check off” their work on our school punchcards.


Homeschool Planning



We all "do school" together at our dining room table. We start at 8am (my crazy kids are up by 6:30 every morning).  SEE HOW WE DO SCHOOL IN 15 HOURS A WEEK





My 3rd grader starts by practicing piano while I go through my 5th graders work for the day, then he plows through asking me any questions as he goes. Then my 5th grader practices piano and I go through my 3rd graders work for the day. Meanwhile my Kindergartner usually starts with an educal game or Ap while she waits. Now it is her turn and I sit with her for the next 45 minutes give or take until she is done.





It is usually about 11am by the time everyone is done with their independent school work and we will do either science, art, social studies, or music all together. We have lunch at noon and the kids will spend time reading in the afternoon, playing independently, and doing any extra curriculars like gymnastics or piano lessons.




Kindergarten Curriculum



Kindergarten Curriculum




  • Kindergarten Daily Calendar (so much great learning here and it's FREE!)

  • Sing Spell Read & Write - K  My kids have responded really well to this fun, multi sensory approach of this outstanding complete language arts curriculum.  [read why we use Sing Spell Read & Write]  We supplement it with Reading the Easy Way Kindergarten [sight word worksheets, games, readers, and more]

  • Bob Jones Kindergarten Math

  • Plus she will join in with her big brother and sister as we study science, art, music, and social studies

  • It takes us about 1-2 hours a day to do everything above




3rd grade homeschool curiculum





3rd Grade Curriculum 






5th grade curriculum





5th Grade Curriculum









Homeschooling Resources



















<
Unknown
Unknown

Beth Gorden is a homeschooling mother of six who strives to enjoy every moment with her kids through hands-on learning, crafts, new experiences, and lots of playing together. Beth is also the creator and author of 123 Homeschool 4 Me where she shares 1000+ free printables, creative homeschool lessons, crafts, and other fun ideas to help preschool and homeschooling families have fun while learning and exploring together.