A Day in the Life of a Mom of 3

image55445Today we’ve got Becky sharing about her day homeschooling on a germy day!  If you’ve missed any of our ongoing series “A Day in the Life of Another Mom” take a peak and read back. Isn’t it great to be a fly on the wall of someone else’s kitchen wall and see that we ALL have days like that!





Before Baby #3 was born last fall, I had a routine that worked.  My two older boys were trained to help with things around the house. We did preschool almost every day.  Life was predictable.  Then I became a mom of three…

Day in the Life - Managing a babyWhen Doodad was born, I expected things to be a bit crazy for a month or two, maybe even three.  I was sure by six months we’d be back to our routine and schedule.  Today Doodad turns 7 months old and I’m starting to accept that life will never go back to the way it was.  While my big boys follow a routine during the day, Doodad wakes up and takes naps at a different time every day.  Some days it feels like all I do is manage the baby in an attempt to keep the house running.  Other days things run smooth and I enjoy spending quite time snuggling with my baby and watching Netflix.

 Day in the Life - Meal TimesMost of our school time over the past year has been focused on teaching the boys to be independent so they can help around the house.  Bebop (5 years) is able to prepare lunch and helps unload the dishwasher.  Both Bebop and Magoo (2 ½) have morning chores and meal time chores.  Some days they are able to actually contribute without complaint.  Other days it’s just easier to do it all myself. 

Day in the Life - Quiet Time

The anchor point of the day is quite time.  I easily get overwhelmed with all the noise the boys can make, and need time alone.  1 to 3 every afternoon the little boys are supposed to nap and Bebop plays in his room.  Magoo is almost to the age where he won’t need a nap anymore, so we are starting the transition to independent play.  After quite time, I have the boys help with chores and getting dinner ready or play together.

Day in the life - wrestling I love being a boy mom.  The favorite activity around the house is playing rough house.  The floor is constantly covered with race cars and train parts.  I love (almost) every minute of it.

 

BeckyMarie Profile 400 Becky Marie is a mom the three little boys just starting on their homeschool journey.  With a family history of diary allergies, the family is currently dairy free.  You can find cooking tips, recipes and a journal of their homeschool days at For This Season.















What is your day like?

Would you like to contribute to A Day in the Life of Another Mom? We’d love to read about your day! This series will be ongoing as long as there are people willing to give us all a glimpse into their lives. If you would like to share A Day in Your Life please email me your day to 123homeschool4me (at) gmail.com. Feel free to include picture (s). I will let you know promptly when it will be posted. (If you have a blog please let me know as I will include a link to your blog in the post.)












<
Unknown
Unknown

Beth Gorden is a homeschooling mother of six who strives to enjoy every moment with her kids through hands-on learning, crafts, new experiences, and lots of playing together. Beth is also the creator and author of 123 Homeschool 4 Me where she shares 1000+ free printables, creative homeschool lessons, crafts, and other fun ideas to help preschool and homeschooling families have fun while learning and exploring together.